Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Hannah & Micah - My first wedding couple of 2011

 What a great way to start off the new year! Hannah and Micah were my first couple of 2011 and they were truly a joy to work with.  The ceremony was held at Makena Cove about a week after I got back from Japan last month.

I really enjoy photographing brides who are adventurous enough to let me attempt shots like this one where the Hannah is reclining on some very jagged lava rocks.  Not the most comfortable position in the world, but when you shoot it with a 85mm 1.2 lens, it looks sweet!


They also had a butterfly release right after the ceremony which was cool. I really like shooting these because you never know what to expect.


Sometimes if you're lucky, a couple of them might decide to hang around for a while...


I've been experimenting more and more with trying to shoot everything with natural light as I really like the look of it.


Congratulations Hannah and Micah! Thank you for helping me get the new year off to a great start!

No comments:

Post a Comment